If you're moving, don't forget to change your address and contact details for:
- Subscriptions (i.e. Newspaper, Magazines)
- Banks and credit unions
- Motor vehicle registration
- Private health insurance
- Drivers licence
- Any club memberships
- Electorate district
- Tax office
- Mobile phone company
- Internet company
- And remember to keep your contact details up to date with your storage facility
- Pack the items and boxes you don't need to access first. Keep your regularly used items near the front door for easy access.
- Store things vertically but don’t over reach. Use a step ladder to help you stack.
- Place heavy things on the bottom of a stack and light things up top.
- Break down any furniture that you can, label each piece, stick all screws and bolts into a plastic bag and tape the bag to your furniture so you know what it belongs to. This will help to optimise your storage space.
- Put table tops and long flat items down the sides of the unit.
- Use your fridge to store items as well, but remember to wedge the door open for ventilation.
- Put gardening equipment into a bin and stack bins inside each other.